Jersey Shore Recap: Is There a "Ronpage" on the Horizon?

September 13, 2019

There was one troubling sight on Jersey Shore: Family Vacation this week...

... along with many signs of serious trouble on the horizon.

But let's start with the former, shall we?

Let's start with the roommates heading to Las Vegas to watch Vinny Guadagnino take part in Sin City's most scandalous male striptease show, Chippendales.

ron confesses

Poor Vinny, however, ended up spraining his ankle before his month-long residency could begin -- and he was petrified of what the show's producers might say in response.

Thankfully, the "Keto Guido" smiled and joked and charmed their socks off like only he can convincing them he would merely stay off the injured foot until he had to go stage.

This meant he was bound to a scooter the entire time.

Cue the mockery!

Pauly D especially went off on his pal for this mode of transportation, while Vinny mom called her son multiple times to check in on him.

vinny bod

"Hi, Vin," Paula said out of extreme concern when he answered the phone.

"How you doin', honey? Oh my God, Vinny. I wanted to kill myself when I saw you on that scooter. Is it still swollen, Vin? Buy the bags of peas."

"Ma, they have ice packs. I don't need peas," Vinny responded.

"Well, the peas conform to the ankle, that's why. I swear to God," she explained.

Rolling his eyes, Vinny said the typical son stuff and hung up the phone, only to have her call back moments later.

"Buy the bags of the mixed vegetables, anything," his mom begged, again quite solemnly.

annoyed vinny

While this was all in good fun, Vinny and Pauly were later legitimately concerned about Ronnie's ongoing erratic behavior.

"I haven't talked to Ronnie since his daughter's birthday, and I just assumed everything was good because when he's quiet on social media, there's nothing," Pauly said, adding:

"Then I know he was in Cabo right now.

"And then all of a sudden, he's posting erratically again. That's how I know something's wrong, I just don't know what's wrong. I hope he's okay."

"Me, too," Vinny replied.

"But our instincts are usually right. I wanna sit here and be like, 'Oh, it's fine. He turned his life around.' But we always say that, and then it gets 10 times worse. And that shit is toxic."

That shit, of course, is Ronnie's romance with Jen Harley.

Jen Harley and Ron Ron

Speaking in his confessional, Pauly made it clear this wasn't just for show.

He's sincerely worried.

"I keep up with Ronnie on social media. That's how I know what he's up to. So I check in once in a while, and check that he's in Mexico. I'm like, 'Great, alright, he's with his friends, having a good time.'

"And then he posts a photo of the baby. I'm like, 'Alright, he wants to show that he's missing his baby. That's fine.'

"Then another baby photo, another baby photo. When he posts this, I know something's wrong."

Ronni

To their great, these stars approached Ronnie and asked how he was doing. (He checked into rehab early this year for alcoholism and depression.)

They didn't fear the confronation, but they did grow scared over what he had to say.

"Me and Jen are good, bro," Ron said when Pauly asked how his relationship with Harley was going, continuing as follows:

"Yeah, we're good. We haven't been fighting. Everything's been going good lately, you know?

"Today's a good day, and that's all I can worry about. I just -- I been good, bro. Just one day at a time, and that's really all I can do, bro."

Ronnie and Jen on the Beach

Will Jen be stopping by Vegas any time soon?

No, Ronnie retorted.

"I have my life with her, and I have my life with you guys. I'm just kind of cleaning up my mess at this point from last year, if you wanna just call it that."

Pauly said he understood, yet the whole conversation was so awkward.

He later told the camera he wanted to give Ron "the benefit of the doubt because he's coming out of rehab. Maybe he's fine. Maybe they're good. I don't know.

"Listen, he's my brother at the end of the day. I wanna see his life flourish! I don't wanna see it turn into a mess. But the past is the past; he keeps reliving it."

After Ronnie exited, Pauly FaceTimed Vinny to let him know what Ron had said about Jen.

"I can feel and sense a Ronpage about to happen," he said ominously. "But I hope I'm wrong."

Nope, man. You were not totally wrong.

View Slideshow: Jersey Shore: Battered Ronnie Lies to Protect Jen Harley AGAIN For Some Reason!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments