Jackie Goldschneider opens up about eating disorder: I thought I was ‘going to die’

January 30, 2020


Jackie Goldschneider says her anorexia nearly killed her.

“I want you to understand that getting past an eating disorder and to a place in your life where you can actually eat something and be OK with it, people don’t understand how hard it was to get past that,” Goldschneider told co-stars Melissa Gorga and Margaret Josephs over lunch on Wednesday night’s episode of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.”

She also told them how her father didn’t understand the extent of her illness.

“My father, like he has nothing but the best intentions, but does he understand what I went through in my twenties? No,” she said.

Josephs then asked Goldschneider, who is now 43, how she decided to get treatment.

“I had to get to a point for myself where I stood on a scale one day and I weighed like, nothing,” said the mom of four.

She said she and husband Evan went to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico following their wedding, but she only ate the canned tuna and apples she’d brought with her.

“And I came home and I got on the scale and that day I was like, ‘OK. I’m going to die … And I was like, ‘I gotta help myself because I’m gonna die,'” she continued through tears.

Goldschneider made the revelation after getting into an argument with Josephs for saying that she doesn’t think about food and doesn’t eat a lot.

She previously opened about her struggle with anorexia on the show and detailed her eating disorder in a 2018 interview with People.

“I was the thinnest person in the room and I was always going to be the thinnest person in the room,” she said at the time. “That was my identity. That’s what I wanted.”

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments