Tina Turner musical writer tears ACL dancing to Megan Thee Stallion

September 12, 2019


This is why writers shouldn’t dance.

The playwright of the Tina Turner musical, Katori Hall, took to the stage at a launch party for the show on a crutch.

“I didn’t think I was going to make it today. I’m kind of in a state. I was on set and I had the nerve to dance,” Hall told the crowd at Le Chalet at L’Avenue at Saks on Wednesday. “I did a high kick to [a song by] Megan Thee Stallion [and] I tore my ACL . . . I didn’t know if I would make it to this, but I said to myself, ‘What would Tina do?’ ”

Also celebrating the opening of “Tina” on Broadway were its director Phyllida Lloyd, producer Tali Pelman and star Adrienne Warren.

The Olivier-winning musical premiered in London in 2018 and makes its New York debut Oct. 12 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments