‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro talks rough recovery after hand accident

September 28, 2020

“Cake Boss” star Buddy Valastro is on the mend after mangling his hand in an accident at his home bowling alley, but there’s a long road ahead of him.

“I guess [I feel] as good as I can with the situation,” Valastro said on the “Today” show Monday morning. “It’s just a real freak accident, and it was crazy just the way it went down, but I’m really so proud of my sons and my brothers-in-law who really helped and jumped into action to help set me free and help put me on the road to recovery.”

Valastro, 43, detailed that his hand had gotten stuck in a pin-setting machine at his in-home bowling alley when a rod pierced through his right hand.

“It just blew out half my hand,” he said. “… I screamed and my sons came back … I have no idea what kept me calm,” he recalled of the terrifying ordeal. “I thought I was going to faint. … Something told me to stay calm, and I told my sons you gotta get me off this machine.”

Valastro’s teenage son Buddy Jr. appeared next to his dad during the interview and shared the scary moment he had to help free him from the machine.

“I knew I had to do something,” Buddy Jr. said.

The Carlo’s Bakery owner said after two surgeries his recovery remains an “uphill battle” but is thankful for all the prayers from fans who are hoping he can return to baking soon.

“It makes me want to fight to get better for them,” Valastro said. “It makes me want to be the man that I was.”

Of his hero boy, a teary-eyed Valastro said, “I’m so proud of my son.”

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments