Shawn Mendes cancels concert due to laryngitis, sinus infection

December 01, 2019


It looks like something is holdin’ Shawn Mendes back: his health.

On Saturday, the 21-year-old singer called off a performance in Brazil as he recovers from laryngitis and a sinus infection.

“São Paulo, im so sorry to have to tell you this, but today I woke up feeling ill, and went to the doctor, to find out I have laryngitis and a sinus infection which has caused swelling of my vocal cords,” Mendes posted to his Instagram story.

Mendes, who has tour dates scheduled throughout December, said he was advised by medical professionals to cancel the show.

“It breaks my heart to do this but my doctors told me I can not perform tonight or it would risk long term damage to my voice,” Mendes explained.

The pop star then apologized to his fans, stating he would “make it up” to them.

“I love you all so much and apologize from the bottom of my heart as I wish I could be there on stage tonight,” Mendes shared. “I promise I will make it up to you next time I’m back in South America.”

Mendes is next scheduled to perform on Tuesday, Dec. 3 in Rio de Janeiro.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments