Amber Heard says Johnny Depp ‘threatened to kill me many times’

July 20, 2020

Amber Heard on Monday claimed ex Johnny Depp threatened to kill her “many times” — taking on a “monster” persona that left her fearing for her life.

The “Justice League” actress, 34, accused Depp of regularly subjecting her to physical abuse as well as “extremely controlling and intimidating behavior” in a written statement submitted to the court in his explosive libel case in London.

“Some incidents were so severe that I was afraid he was going to kill me, either intentionally or just by losing control and going too far,” Heard said. “He explicitly threatened to kill me many times, especially later in our relationship.”

Heard said the “Pirates of the Caribbean” actor could be “intensely affectionate, warm and charming,” but also “could be very intense and dark.”

Amber Heard
Amber HeardEPA

“When I say he was dark, he had a violent and dark way of speaking: the way he talked about our relationship being ‘dead or alive’ and telling me that death was the only way out of the relationship,” she said in the statement.

Heard alleged that Depp left her “scared all the time” and once described “carving my face up so no one else would want me,” The Standard reported.

“Over the years, Johnny threatened me a lot about me leaving him. He would talk about what he would do to me if I left him, such as, ‘I will cut up your face so no one will want you ever again’ and about how he knew people who could ‘break a leg, real cheap.'”

She has claimed that Depp, whom she was married to for 18 months, physically abused her on 14 occasions over the course of their rocky relationship. Depp has denied the allegations of domestic abuse.

“He would blame all his actions on a self-created third party instead of himself, which he often called ‘the monster,'” Heard said. “He would speak about it as if it was another person or personality and not him doing all these things.”

Amber Heard gets out of a vehicle and holds the hand of her girlfriend Bianca Butti.

AP

Up Next

Amber Heard on Monday claimed that ex-husband Johnny Depp hit...

Heard appeared in court Monday to testify in Depp’s libel case against The Sun newspaper over a 2018 article that labeled him a “wife beater.”

The Sun’s lawyers have defended the article, saying there’s evidence Depp was “controlling and verbally and physically abusive towards Ms. Heard, particularly when he was under the influence” of alcohol and drugs.

With Post wires

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments