James Van Der Beek reveals ‘Dancing with the Stars’ transformation

November 28, 2019


“Dancing with the Stars” does a body good.

Taking to Instagram on Wednesday, James Van Der Beek shared shirtless snaps comparing his body after two different exercise regimens, fight training and dancing.

“I’d been training in Muay Thai three days a week for about six months (for the next project I’m writing) when I hit pause to dance six hours a day. Now I can rhumba,” the “Dawson’s Creek” alum, 42, captioned the image.

Van Der Beek competed on Season 28 of the ABC series. He and partner Emma Slater were eliminated in last week’s semi-finals. “Bachelorette” star Hannah Brown and Alan Bersten won the Mirror Ball trophy.

Earlier this month, Van Der Beek reflected on his “Dancing with the Stars” experience, which came to an end shortly after he revealed wife Kimberly Brook had suffered a miscarriage.

“I did this show hoping my kids would see me work hard… little did I know they’d see me brought to my knees. Before our personal tragedy, I’d been trying to figure out a way to explain to my kids why I’d found it so important to support my cast even though they were technically my competitors,” the actor began on Instagram.

“And then they saw me need their support. And accept it. It’s not the Olympics… it’s a reality dance show. But it’s also a family,” he continued. “Thank you to my partner and friend for life @theemmaslater for being so open and strong and talented, to the entire cast of pros for the mini master-classes and the wordless hugs, and the entire crew.”

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments