Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp threw 30 bottles at her ‘like grenades’ during fight

July 22, 2020

Amber Heard claimed that Johnny Depp hurled about 30 bottles at her “like grenades” during what she has referred to as a “three-day hostage situation,” a British court heard Wednesday.

The “Aquaman” actress, 34, detailed the altercation on her then-husband’s work trip to Australia in March 2015, just a month into their marriage, during testimony at Depp’s explosive libel trial against The Sun.

“We were in an argument about whether he was going to drink the liquor,” she told the court in London.

Heard said that she snatched the bottle from the boozing actor’s hand and smashed it on the floor between them.

“I regret I did that. I was so upset, but I think it snapped something in him”, she said, according to the Evening Standard.

Depp, 57, began grabbing the other bottles in reach and throwing them in her direction, Heard said.

“He started picking them up one by one and throwing them like grenades,” Heard testified.

“One after the other after the other, in my direction, and I felt glass breaking behind me. I retreated more into the bar and he didn’t stop.”

Responding to Depp’s lawyers disputing her version of events, Heard fired back, “I would be shocked if Johnny remembers any of this himself, but I was there.”

Heard previously alleged that she feared for her life during what she called a “three-day hostage situation” at their pad down under as Depp filmed “Pirates of the Caribbean.”

She has claimed that Depp attacked her more than a dozen times over the course of their 18-month marriage.

The Oscar nominee has vehemently denied any allegations of assault and is suing over a 2018 article that labeled him a “wife-beater.”

With Post Wires

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments