David Morrissey Says He’d Love to Bring the Governor Back to “The Walking Dead”

February 25, 2019

Philip Blake, also known as “the Governor,” is one character on “The Walking Dead” who is no longer with us, but because the character is dead doesn’t necessarily mean we’ve seen the last of him. After all, dead characters have returned for brief appearances in the past, and let’s not forget that a series of TV movies will dig into storylines the show currently cannot.

In other words, it’s entirely possibly that we could someday see a “Walking Dead” movie about the Governor, and actor David Morrissey would be there if he was asked.

Chatting with RCN TV, Morrissey noted that he doesn’t feel “done” with the character.

I love the world. I love the genre. I love the character,” Morrissey told the outlet. “So if the powers that be deemed it right to do it, I would love to. Sometimes you walk away from a job, you think, ‘I’m finished with that character.’ Whereas the Governor, I don’t feel that. I think there’s a lot more to mine, really.”

I’d love to go back in any capacity,” he also noted.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments