The Animal Crossing: New Horizons And 'Tiger King' Crossover You Need Right Now

March 31, 2020

Petr wrote about the new and extremely popular Nintendo Switch game Animal Crossing: New Horizons that released just in time to take advantage of the... you know. Of course, AC: NH already had a fanbase built-in, with the first iteration releasing in 2001 on the Japanese Nintendo64 and on the GameCube in America. That's when I first met with Tom Nook and the denizens of an adorable town filled with TARDIS-like houses that are much larger than they look on the outside.

I wasn't planning on buying it when it first released, but again: YOU KNOW. I've been playing it ever since while using Reddit's vast Animal Crossing community to make online friends. This is in order to visit islands where people jumped forward in time to make money, build shops, and even just those in different hemispheres with fruits I don't have.

It is so great, kids. It gives me a purpose in a time where I cannot control anything. Also? I gifted a sleeping mask to my sheep villager Wendy and she immediately put it on over her eyes and started walking around, so that's worth the price.

Of course, you're here for the goofier aspects of the AC: NH community, aren't you? The memes made with photos taken on villager islands, right? Petr touched on the creative players making movie scenes with their villagers using the in-game pattern creator but I want to really show you what they're doing.

As promised, Tiger King recreated in AC: NH:

Carol Baskin better mind her damn business from r/AnimalCrossing
Mood from r/AnimalCrossing
My Spider-lair! from r/AnimalCrossing
This happened so we turned it into a meme (my wife's character) from r/ac_newhorizons
Found Nemo again. Ctto from r/AnimalCrossing

One of the quirks of the game, for any non-players reading, is that there are rocks scattered across your town/island. Some give you iron or other items needed to craft things. Others give you in-game currency called Bells.

I should've been more careful from r/AnimalCrossing
I attempted to recreate The Office Opening! from r/AnimalCrossing
Who's the Tiger King now? from r/AnimalCrossing

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments