Did Netflix Bone Us All by Taking 'Friends' Off Streaming?

March 30, 2020

Friends, we're here today to talk about Friends. The show, not the very special bond I have with all of you. We don't need to talk about that because we know what we have--and not even the mole people can come between that.

So there I was, minding my own business when I saw this tweet pop up by none other than Jax Taylor. You know, one of my favorite people on Vanderpump Rules, a show I can no longer watch because they refuse to fire the racist, mediocre boring cast members that they brought on this season, and who promptly sh*t all over the franchise with their terrible, terrible selves? That Jax Taylor? (I miss you, Jax...😭)

Look, the world is on fire and I don't know about you but I'm looking to blame someone. Maybe a lot of someones--and that tweet is right. Somehow 2020 has been more of a dumpster fire than 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. It most certainly has not been my day, week, month, or even my year. How about you?

So hell, maybe taking Friends off the air does have something to do with it. What if the ability to stream Friends, a show that is a rip-off of Living Single, in America, a country that only accounts for less than five percent of the world's population, really was the glue that was holding the fabric of our society together?!

I am more than willing to concede here, as I alluded to in the previous paragraph, that Friends is a show for white people by white people about white people--which is to say, it is very, very white. You know who is having a hard time staying home...?

Just look at that photo, my friends. Looks like a lot of Friends fans to me... They're out and about--and would they be if Friends were still available to stream?

via GIPHY

I mean, let's be honest, probably, because they're selfish a*sholes. However, I'm still looking for someone to blame because the world is scary and people are dying and I'd like a distraction to give myself a little bit of grace during all of this, so hell, let's blame Netflix for this, for the small part they (probably didn't play) for the evening. Who's with me?!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments