S*it Sucks Right Now, so Let’s Wallow for a Bit, OK?

May 07, 2020

Hi friends. I'm not going to lie to you, it's been a rough f*cking week. I drove halfway across the country (and got a speeding ticket and a massive crack in my windshield, in the process, and only one of those things is my fault...) to arrive to an apartment that most definitely was not ready for me yet, even though it's the only place I'm allowed to be right now and I've been paying for it since May 1. So I've shared my space (and I am very protective of my space) with various painters, remodelers, and cleaners all week, and haven't been unable to unpack or settle in and there's no end in sight for this. It's driving me f*cking bonkers--it feels like I've lived among boxes forever and I hate hate hate it, and I hate everything right now so instead of trying to find the silver lining, which is futile for me personally, we're just going to enjoy a collection of clips I think about frequently and watch just as much when I'm in a bad mood (and make no mistake, I'm in a foul f*cking mood, which will not improve until people are out of my f*cking space, and god knows when that will happen.)

...Because you know what? Sometimes, I think it's important to acknowledge that everything sucks--and for a lot of us, it really really sucks right now. We stayed home to buy the feds some time and it appears they've done f*ck all with that time, so this all really feels pointless (to me, at least). Life isn't always sunny, and you don't always have to find the silver lining or be positive about things, or keep perspective that somewhere out there someone has it worse than you do, so chin up buckaroo! 🤮 🤮 Sometimes it's very much OK to wallow because guess what? Sh*t's bleak, man! So let's f*cking wallow and feel sorry for ourselves tonight. Misery loves company, so if you're in the mood for that, I'm your gal Friday on this s*tty Thursday evening.

Anyway, here's some stuff I like when I'm in the mood I'm in now, enjoy (or don't since that's really the point of this post, isn't it?)

"Life is short, life is s*it, and soon it will be over." I think about this phrase from the Kids in the Hall movie a lot when I'm wallowing. Now maybe you will too because it kind of works really well when you're indulging in a pity party for one.

I find this child very soothing, and when I wallow I don't want to be cheered up, but soothed is OK.

This song is basically my anthem when s*it sucks, I mean, it's in the title even:

This child is unbothered by everything, and even though she tells her dad "appreciate that" the tone is very much a dismissive "f*ck you" which is the energy I enjoy channeling when I feel like this:

Also, it's not really a clip to share, but I very much enjoy reading about celebrity break ups so this headline really appeals to me at the moment:

Finally, I should mention that my patron saint when I'm feeling like this is Jyn Erso, one of my favorite characters of all time, and most definitely the best Star Wars heroine. Why? Well, she knew s*it was bleak, and she still got on with the mess that is life even though she knew the odds were against her -- and in the end when it all caught up with her, she stared it all straight on, which is ultimately what we have to do, too.

The only way out is through. There's a lot wrong with the world at the moment, it's OK to acknowledge there's no silver lining. Tomorrow there might be, but tonight? Everything sucks and that's OK.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments