The Z Word Wasn’t Allowed on the Set of ‘The Last of Us’

February 18, 2023

The bloater climbing out of the ground with fire in the background in HBO's The Last of Us.

I love being right about things. Whenever someone brings up The Last of Us and calls it a zombie show, I point out that the infected are not, in fact, zombies. When I corrected Ben Shapiro about this after he went on some nonsense rant about the third episode of the series, titled “Long Long Time,” people tried to fight me on the zombie correction. So I brought up how Neil Druckmann himself has said the infected are not zombies.

Now, it has been made even clearer that those behind the series do not consider the infected to be “zombies” at all. Again, I made it clear that a zombie is a dead person brought back to life. The Last of Us has made it clear that the “dead” cannot be infected. But whatever, let the set’s reaction to the “z” word speak for me.

The post The Z Word Wasn’t Allowed on the Set of ‘The Last of Us’ appeared first on The Mary Sue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments