Meghan Markle played ‘leading role’ in move to Los Angeles with Harry: report

May 02, 2020


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly moved to a paparazzi “hotspot” in Los Angeles, with at least one prestigious Brit believing Markle is the brains behind their post-Megxit move.

Stanley Johnson, father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, recently shared with Saga Magazine that he believes the former actress likely convinced her husband Harry to move, asking, “Whose decision was it, I wonder, to build a new life in North America? I can’t help thinking that Meghan, as we must now call her, played a leading role here.”

Johnson, 79, went on to say Markle’s desire to make her way back to North America may be a matter of, “basic cultural difference between British women and their transatlantic counterparts.”

He went on, “I’m thinking of my mother, for example. After my father recovered from his war wounds, he decided to return to the West Country and became a farmer. My mother, who went to Cheltenham Ladies’ College and Oxford University, and imagined that she might marry a diplomat, spent her next 36 years in the old, remote Exmoor farmhouse that I still have today.

“She took to heart the famous words in The Bible’s book of Ruth: ‘Whither thou goest, I will go and where thou lodgest, I will lodge.’ The Duchess of Sussex clearly has tremendous charm and talent, but I’m not sure she sets great store by the book of Ruth.”

The author also expressed his disappointment in Harry and Meghan stepping down from their royal positions while recognizing the change they implemented while representing the Queen.

“Personally, I am very sad to see them go. Their charity work was fantastic, particularly the support they gave to wildlife conservation and women’s issues.”

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments