Katie Couric Recalls the Time that Denzel Went Seriously Denzel On Her

April 29, 2020

Hiya! Soooooo, we're doing some shuffling behind the scenes here and I wanted to give all y'all a heads up. Tonight will be my last Pajiba Love for a little bit -- just a little bit. I need a break from scouring headlines and reading articles about COVID-19 deaths and $390,000 mattresses for awhile. My brain (and my heart) can't take it at the moment. I'm not leaving you hanging, though! You know Mike, of MY FATHER fame? Well, it turns out that his obsession interest in MY FATHER has waned a bit since she's been working from home and isn't screeching like a pterodactyl, throwing tantrums, and being dressed like the davenport in MY GRANDMA'S formal living room. As luck would have it, Mike used to have a showbiz and gossip site (that this here PL used to link to on the regular back in the day!) so he's perfect to fill in here and getchoo your linky goodness fix in my absence. Be nice to Mike (or don't, whatever. I'm not your supervisor) and I'll see you soon!

Sarah Michelle Gellar looks SO GOOD with rose gold/pink hair! Damn! I use the Overtone rose gold on my hair and it looks pretty good, but not that good. - (Lainey)

We really like Chrissy Teigen. I think she's funny and sassy and I follow her on Twitter. That said, Courtney Stodden is 100% correct that it was not cool the way Chrissy (and many others) treated her when she was 17 and married to creepy Doug Hutchison. - (DListed)

Luckily everyone's OK and no one was hurt, but Brit maybe shouldn't leave lit candles unattended. - (Just Jared)

On a podcast, Katie Couric recalled an interview she conducted with Denzel many years ago that left her feeling "kind of shaken," after Denzel got testy with her for asking whether actors should keep their political opinions to themselves. Read the exchange if you'd like, but honestly, it sounds like Denzel being Denzel. (CNN)

Holly Marie Combs lost her grandfather to COVID-19 and she holds Trump personally responsible. And he is. - (HuffPo)

When someone tells you who they are by getting a big ol' honkin' tattoo on their forearm, believe them. Don't believe the spin that comes later. - (Celebitchy)

"Now we have the most scientifically illiterate president in American history presiding over that experiment during a pandemic. What could possibly go wrong?" - (VF)

It's SO STUPID that "whassaaaaaap" still makes me laugh, but it does! - (The Root)

You can hold your Zoom meetings from the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon now, OMFG! - (SM)

(I might have already shared this, I can't remember. If I did, sorry!) This woman swapped out her mom's wall of family pictures with crayon drawings over a 10-day period to see how long it would take for anyone to notice. I laughed so hard, I had tears! - (BP)

Petr shared this in our Slack today and I about died! This video is, like, 10 years old, but I've never seen it or even heard about it before. It's amazing!


Ooooh, look what Kayleigh brought us! "Today in DINOSAURS!" - (National Geographic)

Jodi shared this in our Slack: "Jay & Silent Bob really do have a video game coming to Steam and Nintendo Switch in May." - (Game Rant)

Speaking of our Jodi, she put together a list of horror movies most of us watched as kids and really shouldn't have. True to its name, Ranker will let you vote up the scenes that really messed you up as a kid. Or as an adult. - (Ranker)

It's been an understandably tough year for charitable giving, but Cannonball Read is still following its mission to stick it to cancer, one book at a time - please consider donating today. (Cannonball Read 12)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments