Is ‘Fire Emblem Engage’ a Mainline Game? Answered

January 21, 2023

Official game art for Nintendo's Fire Emblem Engage featuring characters from the video game
(Nintendo)

Happy Toothpaste Day! I’m stunned by just how much I’ve turned around on Fire Emblem Engage. I’m not much of an anime person myself, so when the protagonists’ leaked designs were made official, I prepared myself to be disappointed.

Yet the game actually looks like it’s going to be pretty good! Many critics are comparing it to Awakening, which I adore to little bits and pieces. Of course, this also raises a genuine question: is Engage a mainline game, or is it more of a spin-off? The nature of the game does make this a valid question, since it relies on a pretty fanservicey gimmick. In Engage, you call on old franchise heroes (such as Conan O’Brien’s favorite femboy Marth, series favorite Lucina, and my problematic fave Byleth) to help you fight against the Fell Dragon’s evil forces. It sounds pretty similar to the mobile gacha game, Fire Emblem Heroes—which is a spin-off.

The post Is ‘Fire Emblem Engage’ a Mainline Game? Answered appeared first on The Mary Sue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments