I Wasn’t Ready For This Star Trek Bombshell

January 12, 2023

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

The wonderful universe of Star Trek premiered in the 1960s with the original series. For me, Star Trek didn’t really exist until the 1990s. Star Trek: The Next Generation brought me onto the USS Enterprise with Captain Picard and his amazing crew. They became my captain and my favorite of all Star Trek crews. I was OBSESSED with this show. As a kid, I even wore one of those banana hair clips over my eyes and pretended to be Geordi La Forge (LeVar Burton) because he was brilliant and his best friend was a super cool android. Although I enjoy the other series, my love for TNG has never wavered over the years.

Watching the sequel show Picard has been an emotional journey revisiting some of the old characters. Besides the return of Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart), the first season also showed how Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) and William Riker (Jonathan Frakes) were fairing as a married couple. Season two brought back the chaotic being known as Q (John de Lancie). The third and final season of Picard premiers in February and it looks like it will be a giant TNG reunion.

The post I Wasn’t Ready For This Star Trek Bombshell appeared first on The Mary Sue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments