20 Best Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books by BIPOC Authors

January 15, 2023

SciFi Fantasy Books Tor Macmillan, Gallery Saga Press, Riverhead Books, Orbit, Atria Books, Harper Voyager, Grand Central Publishing, Rosarium Publishing, Picador USA, Penguin Teen, Blackstone Publishing, Knopf Publishing Group

Twelve-year-old me is finally getting my wish of high fantasy books centered around non-European mythology. Sometimes it was hard to ignore that I had more in common with the aliens or monsters than with the elven creatures with pale faces and impossibly blue eyes. Over a decade later, the books I’ve wished for are finally here, so I will be shoving them down everyone’s throat as much as possible.

And can we all do everyone a favor and stop comparing these books to white stories? Thanks.

The post 20 Best Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books by BIPOC Authors appeared first on The Mary Sue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments