Brie Larson Asks If Anyone Wants Her To Play Captain Marvel Again and Yes, I Do Very Much

September 12, 2022

Carol Danvers as a fighter pilot in Captain Marvel.

Brie Larson is no stranger to fame and walking red carpets. She is also, sadly, no stranger to sexist trolls who hate her for simply existing in a “nerdy” space. So, when she walked the press line at Disney’s D23 Expo event and was asked about how long she will play Captain Marvel, Larson gave a pretty honest response that truly hurts to watch.

“I don’t know. Does anyone want me to do it again?” Larson said, and Variety’s Marc Malkin responded with a “Don’t be so modest,” but the reality is that I don’t think Larson was being modest. With the gross sexist reaction to her portrayal of Carol Danvers from the start of her joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it does feel like the love for her take on the character is constantly drowned out by the sexist trolls, and that can make it seem like no one wants her back as Captain Marvel. And frankly, that’s incredibly sad to me because I do, and I also know I am not alone in that.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments